Indian spices and smoky char marks offset the sweetest of the squash in these fun party appetizers.
- Peeled and Cubed Butternut Squash-1 lb
- Couscous-1/2 cup
- Water-1 cup
- Fresh Ginger crushed-1 tbsp
- Ground Cumin-1 tbsp
- Ground Coriander-1 tbsp
- Garam Masala-1 tbsp
- Fresh Coriander chopped-1 cup
- Salt- to taste
- Oil- to pan fry
- Chat Masala-to sprinkle
- Boil the cubed Butternut Squash in some water for about 10-15 until all cooked. Mash it and keep aside.
- Bring a cup of water to a boil and add the couscous. Mix well, cover with a lid and switch off the heat.Let it sit for about two minutes.Fluff it with a fork.
- Mix a cup of cooked couscous into the squash along with the ginger,all the spices and coriander.
- Add salt.
- Take a small portion in your hands to make round disks.
- Heat about 2 tbsp of oil in a non stick pan and swirl the oil all over.Place the patties in a single layer.
- Keep the heat on medium and let it develop a golden color on one side before flipping and repeat the process for the other side too.
- Arrange in a tray along with some salad. Sprinkle chat masala all over. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Appetizer