As a salad or a snack, this salsa is simple to throw together and packed full of nutrients, making it a delicious and filling option for busy nights.
By Nicole Cragun
With March Madness just around the corner, I thought I would come up with a fun appetizer or dip to serve while watching the basketball games, or really to enjoy anytime you want. This Black-Eyed Pea Salsa is super simple to throw together and packed full of nutrients, making it a delicious and healthy option for game nights. I like to make up a big batch of Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips to use for dipping, and I am then officially in chips and dip heaven!
This salsa also tastes great as a salad. Pile any leftovers on a bunch of spinach and you have a super quick and healthy lunch. You won’t even need additional salad dressing, which is always a plus.
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 15 oz can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can corn, drained
- 1 4 oz can sliced olives, drained
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl toss the avocado with the olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, and garlic
- Add the remaining ingredients