SPONSORED: We get excited about good food and great ingredients, so we’ve teamed up with Divine Flavor to bring you delicious recipes for each season made with their fresh produce.
These sweet and spicy bell pepper fajitas are vegan and the PERFECT crowd pleaser for Cinco de Mayo or for any dinner.
Guys. I love hosting get-togethers – but even with all my cooking experience, I still get overwhelmed with what to cook for a crowd with multiple food restrictions. What I LOVE about this recipe is it checks ALL the boxes for food restrictions I commonly see. If I can get away with making one delicious recipe for a large crowd, (AND keep it healthy and flavourful) then I’m a happy camper!
I’ve teamed up with Divine Flavor – an amazing fruit and vegetable producer – who I have absolutely LOVED working with on this project. They are family-built producers of these AMAZING (seriously – like the best I’ve ever had) red bell peppers – along with some other incredible products, like table grapes, cucumbers, and more!
This recipe is vegan (great for those who have to avoid dairy, too!), can be easily made gluten free (choosing corn over wheat fajita wraps), and is FULL of soluble fibre, vitamins, and antioxidants from all those bright bell peppers! Talk about healthy for your gut! (I can already see your bifidobacteria jumping for joy with all the fuel you’re going to give them!)
Divine Flavor is a family owned company growing beautiful produce like the organic bell peppers used in this recipe.
- 2 Divine Flavor red bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- 2 portobello mushroom caps
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil (or cooking oil of your choice)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 avocados
- 2 small limes
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (optional)
- salt to taste
- a pinch of chili flakes
- 10 small fajita wraps
- Slice peppers, onion, and mushrooms into thin slices
- In a frying pan, heat oil and add peppers & onion. Saute until fork tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add Portobello mushroom slices, garlic, and spices. Saute until mushrooms are cooked and peppers and onions become softer and caramelized, about 3-5 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, remove the seed and skin of two avocados and place in a food processor or in an immersion blender cup. Juice two limes, add cilantro, salt, and a pinch of chili flakes. Blend until smooth and creamy consistency is achieved.
- Serve pepper mix on flour tortillas, and top with avocado cream. Garnish with cilantro or fresh lime wedges.
add 1 cup black beans to pepper mix
add 1 cooked chopped chicken breast to pepper mix
Looking for a gluten-friendly option?
choose corn tortillas (often found in the frozen section of your grocery store)
To my low FODMAPPER’s
this recipe is high in mannitol from the portobellos and fructans from the onion & garlic – however if you have already gone through elimination and reintroduction – depending on your FODMAP triggers, this recipe may be acceptable.