This earthy dish is loaded with unique, light flavor and comes with the comforting aromatics of a coconut curry.
I just got back to my house in the countryside of Italy and, as always when I am here, I went to stock up on organic produce at the amazing organic farm right next to my town.
I wish you could visit one day and witness how cool that it: acres and acres of organic veggies and fruits that are sold at a lower price than you can find in any grocery store for non organic produce.
We got 3 cardboard boxes full of amazing food for 30 euros. Stoked!
Thanks to the cheap and easy availability of fresh and organic food, my days here are filled with yummy raw salads, fruit and delicious baked veggie dishes.
Today I am sharing a quick and easy gluten free recipe that is super healthy and suitable also for those who are on a paleo diet or that are following the AIP (Auto Immune Protocol).
I love this dish because it has an exotic, earthy flavor and it almost tastes like a curry dish while being very light and clean.
Here’s today’s vegan casserole recipe. Try it, enjoy and let me know what you think!
- 2 large Fennels
- 3 Carrots
- ½ Apple
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Coconut Milk
- Preheat the oven to 380 F.
- Wash the fennels and cut them widthwise. Grease a casserole pan with olive oil and put the sliced fennels in it and dust them with turmeric.
- Thinly cut the apple, grate the carrots and top them over the fennels.
- Sprinkle the coconut milk on top and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Flip the fennels upside down, mix them well, put a cover on the casserole and bake for 20 more minutes.
Enjoy your fennel casserole and I will catch you next time!!
PS: If you are looking for cool desserts to enjoy after dinner, check out my Ebook “Healthy Italian Dessert Made Simple” where you can find over 75 sweet recipes that are all gluten, sugar and dairy free!