Banana Oat Doughnuts are a simple and easy breakfast treat that can be made with a handy mini donut maker or just baked in the oven. So delicious!
One thing I really love is a good donut to kick off my weekend. But who wants to get ready for the day and go buy some from the donut shop before the day really gets going? I don’t, which is why I love to whip up a batch of mini donuts like these Banana Oat Doughnuts on a Friday afternoon so they are ready and waiting for me to enjoy with my coffee.
I break out the little mini donut maker and whisk all the ingredients in a large bowl. It’s that simple and you can top these with whatever strikes your fancy at the time.
I decided that just a drizzle of icing was enough- they really didn’t need a full glaze coating. I tell you- I never thought I would use my little donut maker as much as I do. But I am sure happy I made the purchase.
Can I bake these in the oven instead?
Absolutely. Just use a regular donut pan and bake these at 350 for 9-12 minutes or until slightly golden and spring back when pressed lightly with your finger. They should feel spongy.
Click HERE for the glaze and topping recipe.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter- melted & cooled to room temp (2 sticks)
- 3 over ripe bananas - mashed
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup quick cook oats
- 2 eggs
- Click the link above for the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 or mini-donut maker to ready.
- Pour milk & oats into a small bowl & allow the oats to soak up milk at least 5-10 minutes.
- In larger bowl add flour, sugar & baking powder - whisk to combine. Make a well in the center.
- Whisk in eggs, then butter.
- Add in your oats & milk- whisk until well combined & you have a smooth batter.
- Spray donut pans with cooking spray or spray your donut wells in your maker.
- Fill ¾ full with batter.
- Bake full size donuts 8-10 minutes mini donuts in maker for 6-7 minutes.
- Remove & allow to cool on wire rack.
- Repeat until all batter is baked.
- Click the link above.