Banana Oat Doughnuts are a simple and easy breakfast treat that can be made with a handy mini donut maker or just baked in the oven. So delicious!
One thing I really love is a good donut to kick off my weekend. But who wants to get ready for the day and go buy some from the donut shop before the day really gets going? I don’t, which is why I love to whip up a batch of mini donuts like these Banana Oat Doughnuts on a Friday afternoon so they are ready and waiting for me to enjoy with my coffee.
I break out the little mini donut maker and whisk all the ingredients in a large bowl. It’s that simple and you can top these with whatever strikes your fancy at the time.
I decided that just a drizzle of icing was enough- they really didn’t need a full glaze coating. I tell you- I never thought I would use my little donut maker as much as I do. But I am sure happy I made the purchase.
Can I bake these in the oven instead?
Absolutely. Just use a regular donut pan and bake these at 350 for 9-12 minutes or until slightly golden and spring back when pressed lightly with your finger. They should feel spongy.
Click HERE for the glaze and topping recipe.
Baked Banana Oat DoughnutsGina Kleinworth
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter- melted & cooled to room temp 2 sticks
- 3 over ripe bananas - mashed
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup quick cook oats
- 2 eggs
Glaze & Topping
- Click the link above for the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 or mini-donut maker to ready.
- Pour milk & oats into a small bowl & allow the oats to soak up milk at least 5-10 minutes.
- In larger bowl add flour, sugar & baking powder - whisk to combine. Make a well in the center.
- Whisk in eggs, then butter.
- Add in your oats & milk- whisk until well combined & you have a smooth batter.
- Spray donut pans with cooking spray or spray your donut wells in your maker.
- Fill 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake full size donuts 8-10 minutes mini donuts in maker for 6-7 minutes.
- Remove & allow to cool on wire rack.
- Repeat until all batter is baked.
Glaze & Topping
- Click the link above.
Gina is the author & photographer behind Kleinworth & Co. She is a homeschooling mom to 3 and devoted wife with a passion for all things creative. Gina lives in Northern Idaho but is a So Cal native & spent 12 years living in various parts of the Nevada desert. Kleinworth & Co is a creative blog where Gina shares recipes, gift ideas, crafts, simple & cost effective ways to decorate your home, creative & fun projects for the kids & photography tips. Come visit to learn, share & get inspired on a budget.