SPONSORED: We get excited about good food and great ingredients, so we’ve teamed up with Divine Flavor to bring you delicious recipes made with their mini Tribelli peppers.
This delicious appetizer has the best of everything… sweet AND savory! Wrapped in bacon, these sweet pepper poppers are stuffed with feta (or your favorite dairy-free cheese). Easy to make and fast off the plate.
I love me some tapas! If that wasn’t clear already by me having a whole category for it here on the blog… I can remember being in Barcelona and trying stuffed sweet peppers and being in HEAVEN! Well, of course, I recreated that magic but wrapped them in bacon, too. So we have sweet and savory match made in heaven.
I stuffed these with feta but you can also sub in a non-dairy cheese or another goat cheese if that works for you! Some occasional feta is a treat for me, goat and sheep cheese, in general, don’t bother me at all which is a win. The mini sweet peppers are also a favorite because I am not so into the spicy stuff… and well, bacon has my heart always. These beauties are easy and fun to make with minimal ingredients and will be a real crowd-pleaser for any holiday or gathering. You might want to make extra because they’ll go fast…
Bacon-Wrapped Pepper Poppers
- Author: Alison Marras
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 12 mini Divine Flavor Sweet Peppers mixed colors
- ½ cup crumbled feta or non-dairy cheese like Kite Hill Ricotta
- Pinch dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp+ extra virgin olive oil
- 12 slices of bacon avoid thick-cut or it’ll take much longer
- Preheat the oven to 400f degrees and prep a baking rack with tin foil or parchment paper to catch the cheese and bacon fat. Add a baking rack on top and set aside.
- With kitchen shears or a knife, cut a slit lengthwise in your peppers, you can optionally scoop some seeds out with your fingers but they’re not spicy and can stay if it’s too much trouble. Set prepped peppers aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix crumbled feta or non-dairy cheese, oregano, and slowly olive oil by mashing with a fork until paste forms. You can add less or more olive oil as needed.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into a resealable plastic bag and snip the corner with scissors.
- Gently squeeze each pepper to open and pipe in the cheese mixture evenly.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each pepper and stick a toothpick, width-wise, catching each side of bacon so it stays put as it cooks and crisps up.
- Add each pepper to your baking rack and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the bacon is cooked to your liking. You can always broil it carefully as you watch for extra crispy bacon.
- Once done, remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Optionally remove the toothpicks and add your peppers to a serving plate with tongs. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
Food by Mars is a Clean, Seasonal, Celestial Recipe Blog featuring gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan, and lactose-free recipes including a Monthly Horoscope inspired recipe!