Easily make pizza on a flatbread crust with mozzarella, artichokes, and a special creamy ingredient you won’t be able to live without again.
Everyone has their own idea of what constitutes the perfect pizza.
You might prefer the soft and pillowy deep-dish crust or the thin and crispy, almost cracker-like version. You might like extra cheese, extra sauce, or no sauce. Maybe you like sausage and pepperoni, or maybe you see pizza as the best way to eat more vegetables.
But I think we can all agree: Cream cheese is exactly what your next pizza needs.
The first time I tried pizza with cream cheese was in Milwaukee. The original restaurant burned down, but eventually they rebuilt and we all rejoiced.
In the interim, I had to get my cream-cheese-pizza-fix somehow… so I started making this Artichoke A La Mode Flatbread Pizza at home.
Nothing could be easier. Store-bought flatbread (sometimes called Naan bread) are effortless and delicious. I used my super-simple homemade marinara sauce and PLENTY of mozzarella cheese.
And then the toppings! Oh, the toppings. Artichoke hearts, fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, and: Cream Cheese. It’s a winning combination!
- 4 flatbreads (see notes)
- ½ cup homemade or store-bought pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 can artichoke hearts packed in water, drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Preheat the broiler on low. Arrange flatbreads in a single layer on two baking sheets.
- Top each flatbread with 2 tablespoons sauce and ½ cup cheese. Divide the tomato slices evenly among the flatbreads and top each with several artichoke hearts.
- Drop several teaspoon-sized dollops of cream cheese on each pizza. Broil in the oven until the artichokes and tomatoes are heated through and the cheese has melted, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven, garnish with basil, and serve.
Inspired by Pizza Man. Thanks for all the great memories!