A recipe that has the unmistakable scent of cinnamon, filled with hazelnut cream. Soft and delicious, this cake is ideal an ideal dessert.
By Veronica Lavenia
Photos by G. Giustolisi
A recipe that has the unmistakable scent of cinnamon, filled with hazelnut cream. Soft and delicious, this cake is ideal as a dessert or for a very energetic breakfast.
- 2 organic eggs
- a pinch of salt
- 100 g (3½ oz-½ cup) raw sugar
- 100 g (3½ oz-½ cup) brown rice flour
- 3 teaspoons organic baking powder
- 100 g (3½ oz-½ cup) toasted and chopped hazelnuts
- 60 g (2oz) breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 125 ml (4 fl oz- ½ cup) milk
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or 8 tablespoons cold pressed sunflower oil)
- Cocoa and hazelnut cream spread to taste (palm oil free)
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar. Add the flour, baking powder, hazelnuts, breadcrumbs and cinnamon.
- Add the egg whites with a pinch of salt, milk, oil and mix, kneading the dough from bottom to top to prevent it from coming loose.
- Pour the dough into small molds, greased and floured.
- Bake at 180° C (350°F/gas 4) for 25 minutes.
- Once cooled, cut the cake in two parts and fill with hazelnuts and cocoa cream spread.