If you love Almond Joy candy bars, you are going to love these sweet bites. A whole almonds hides in the center of chocolate-dipped coconut for a delicious treat.
By Danelle MC
Years ago, I remember my mom making homemade Almond Joy candy bars. A quick Google search revealed a multitude of recipes, and since Almond Joy is one of my all-time favorite chocolate bars, I decided to give it a try.
Of course, you could always use this recipe to make a more traditionally shaped Almond Joy, but I decided to go the easy route and just roll everything into a ball. It doesn’t matter what shape they’re in, these Almond Joy Truffles are a coconut lovers dream!
- 5 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup whole roasted almonds
- 16 ounces milk or dark chocolate
- In a large bowl, combine coconut, powdered sugar, condensed milk, vanilla and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Shape coconut mixture into 1-inch balls, pressing a whole almond into the center of each ball. Reshape the coconut mixture around the almond.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until firm.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir and return to microwave for 30 second intervals, until smooth.
- Dip the coconut balls into the melted chocolate and place on a wax paper lined baking sheet to set. Drizzle with additional chocolate, if desired.