This easy spicy black bean dip only requires four ingredients and is gluten free!
By Annie Holmes
I really like a good veggie wrap, a hearty pasta dish, or a big bowl of soup! I can totally leave the meat out and be fine. My husband on the other hand, not so much. But sometimes, every now and then I can get him to eat meatless dishes without complaint, this Slow Cooker Spicy Black Bean Dip just happens to be one of them!
This easy dip has just four ingredients! Black beans, taco seasoning, tomatoes with green chiles, and cream cheese. It is so easy you can throw it together anytime for an afternoon snack or an effortless appetizer to a party. It has a cheesy base and it is one of those set it and forget it recipes.
We had these on toastadas and then had the left overs spread on ground beef tacos, both were amazing! The hearty black beans paired with the spicy tomatoes and creamy cheese makes it an irresistible snack!
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 10 ounce can tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1 8 ounce block of reduced fat cream cheese
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker and let cook on low for 3 hours stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the slow cooker to warm and serve with chips or on tacos
Annie is the gluten-free blogger behind Maebells that has a passion for revamping classic Southern comfort food into lighter, healthier, gluten-free meals. For more from Annie, head on over to her blog and connect with her on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest.