I don’t know about you, but anything I can do to make life a little easier is way up at the top of my list. And making an easy dinner after a hard day is sure to be on that list.
I am always on the lookout for quick but healthy dinner solutions that are relatively easy and have minimal clean up. I’ve made other quick dinners such as Italian Chicken Noodle Casserole and Italian Pork Chops but this dish would definitely win, hands down! All in the same pan, makes a quick, easy and utterly delicious chicken and tortellini dinner on a busy weeknight.
One Pan Tortellini and ChickenLinda Warren
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- 1 red & 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 2 14- oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 pound chicken breasts cubed then seasoned with salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh oregano chopped
- 9- oz fresh spinach cheese tortellini or your favorite
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded (a low-fat variety will cut down on calories)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large oven-proof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onion and peppers until golden brown.
- Turn heat down to medium and add tomatoes. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Add chicken, cover and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for cheese.
- Place skillet in oven and bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Sprinkle top with cheese and return to oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- If you like your cheese a little browner on top, place under broiler for a few minutes. Watch carefully so as not to burn.
Linda is a wife and mom with a background in marketing and exercise. She attributes her creativity and love of cooking to her mom and grandmother who were always willing to let her lend a hand in the kitchen. Linda currently resides in South Florida, where she raised two children with the help of her wonderful husband. She loves living in sunny Florida with its abundance of fresh fruits, vegetables and seafood that are available year round. Linda started her blog, 2 Cookin’ Mamas, with her daughter Christina after her grandson’s birth. Her daughter wanted to learn to cook healthy meals while still meeting the demands of work and baby. That provided the inspiration for the healthy, quick and easy meals on their blog. Of course, they sweetened it up with a few goodies too! When Linda is not in her kitchen she loves traveling, wine, reading, walking and yoga.