These bite-sized sweets come together in mere minutes and require no baking.
By Radhika Penagonda
- ¼ cup Walnuts
- scant ¼ cup flax seeds
- 3-4 good quality medjool dates, pitted
- 1 square, good quality fair trade 60-70% cacao bittersweet baking chocolate
- pumpkin seeds for garnish
- Pulse flax seeds in a small jar grinder or spice grinder to a fine meal.
- Measure ¼ cup flax-seed meal storing the rest for use later. Alternatively, you can start with ¼ cup flax-seed meal.
- Add walnuts and pulse to a fine meal. Add pitted dates and dark chocolate and pulse until ground to a lump which can be molded easily.
- Use a the lid of a rectangular tin or anything similar (ikea tins are quite handy). Grease the clean and dry lid with a dot of ghee or butter, fill it with the burfi mix and press tight. if needed, flatten the surface with a knife or spatula.
- Turn it over on to a plate and tap it gently to release the burfi and cut into small squares, garnish with pumpkin seeds.