Rich in flavor, but without eggs or butter, these Sicilian vegan pistachio cookies are rustically beautiful and perfect dipped into coffee or tea.
Eggs, sugar and dairy free, these delicious cookies are rich in energy, perfect for soaking. Sicilian pistachios give a unique taste to this rustic made with rice milk so highly digestible.
- 150 ml (5 fl oz) rice malt
- 200 g (7 oz) wholemeal Farro flour
- 50 g (2 oz) oats flour
- 1 tsp organic baking powder (optional)
- 100 g (3½ oz) chopped pistachios
- Pinch of sea salt
- 50 ml (2 fl oz) organic rice milk
- In a saucepan, just heat malt and set aside. In a bowl, mix together all the other ingredients.
- Add the malt and knead the dough until it is compact. Roll out the dough and form thes hapes you want.
- On a baking tray, covered with parchment paper, place the cookies and bake at 180°C (350°F) for 15 minutes.