Amrita Rawat with an adaption of a classic rocky road pie recipe.
By Amrita Rawat
Great Rocky Road Pie Recipe
An adaption of the classic Rocky Road Pie recipe.
Author: Amrita Rawat
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 4.5 ounces 72% chocolate
- 6 tablespoons (85g) butter
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup (150g) sugar
- ¼ cup (40g) flour
- 3 tablespoons (25g) cocoa powder
- ½ tsp (2g) salt
- ½ cup (110g) heavy cream
- Handful of walnuts
- Handful of mini marshmallows (or more, if you want to cover the entire pie)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in a saucepan over low heat.
- Separately, combine eggs and sugar and beat until fluffy and pale yellow (about 3 minutes).
- Add in the chocolate/butter mixture and beat until combined.
- Fold in the flour, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Stir in heavy cream on low, or fold it in, making sure there's no white streaks.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Pour into a greased pie pan.
- Decorate with mini marshmallows.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the pie is puffed slightly and the crust is dry.
- Cool on a rack and eat warm or at room temperature.
- Lasts in an air-tight container at room temperature for about 3 days.