PARTNER POST: We’ve teamed up with Bonne Maman to bring you the best homemade breakfast and brunch recipes to show Mom you care this Mother’s Day and all spring long.
This ricotta and cherry stuffed omelette takes just five minutes and five ingredients to make, and is perfect for Mother’s Day or any special breakfast or brunch.
With Mother’s Day right around the corner, it’s nice to have a few truly special breakfast and brunch ideas up your sleeve. That is particularly true if the recipe comes together in just five minutes and follows the idea of “less is more,” allowing the flavors of top-quality ingredients to truly shine!
Sweet omelets aren’t something you see all that often, but once you try them, you’ll be hooked. The egg is basically acting as a flourless crepe in its most basic form in this recipe, and you can play around to find your favorite combination of fruit preserves and cheese. Don’t forget the splash of vanilla in the eggs because it pulls everything together!
Here I used ricotta cheese and Bonne Maman Cherry Preserves, which is one of my very favorite combos for a sweet omelet. “Bonne Maman” translates from French to “Grandmother,” which is appropriate because their preserves and jellies are made in France using the traditional recipe since the brand began with natural ingredients that could be found in your mother or grandmother’s kitchen. Their preserves and jellies are Non-GMO Project Verified, and have no added preservatives, no artificial coloring, and no high fructose corn syrup. Basically, just simple ingredients and homemade taste.
Bonne Maman is giving away a gorgeous 12-piece set of Le Creuset cookware plus many other goodies (over 1,000 prizes!) on their website. Click below to enter! Who doesn’t love beautiful cookware?!
For more recipe ideas, check out these fun toasts.
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil or clarified butter (ghee)
- 3 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons Bonne Maman Cherry Preserves, divided
- Whisk together the eggs and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil in a 6-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the egg and rotate the skillet so the egg coats the pan. Once the egg starts to set on the bottom, use a rubber spatula to gently lift up the cooked portion and rotate the pan so the uncooked egg runs under.
- When the egg is mostly cooked through, dollop the ricotta and 1½ tablespoons Bonne Maman Cherry Preserves on top and cook 30 seconds longer.
- Transfer to a serving plate and top with the remaining ½ tablespoon preserves.
- Serve immediately.