Nutella Pudding – Simple and Classy
The colder it gets, the more important it is to have a chocolate-y pudding ready in a jiffy.
By Prathima Rao
Its a lazy winter`s day.. The outside is too chilly forcing you to stay indoors. A hot, scrumptious meal sounds inviting and then you want to finish it off with creamy, luscious dessert. But it is also one of those days when you just want to listen to the signs of the nature – relax in front of the fireplace with your loved ones when its cold outside..
Nothing like a dose of chocolate on such days to cheer you up. You do not need a solid reason to crave for chocolate. Each of us are entitled to be addicted to chocolate! It is one of those addictions you can get away with. And winter is the the time when these cravings that lurks beneath the surface are unleashed. For times like these it is always handy to keep a few, quick chocolate recipes. This Nutella Pudding is one of them..
A jar of nutella in your refrigerator, some milk and cornflour are all you need to whip up this dessert. And be creative on how your serve it.
* Serve it warm for unexpected guests or serve it chilled.
* Garnish with choco chip or sprinklers.
* Top with some crushed choco chip cookies.
* Dunk some digestive biscuits into this warm pudding as you sit gazing at sunset with your loved ones.
* Garnish with some whipped cream for a rich dessert.
* Top digestive biscuits with a layer of this pudding and chill for an hour or two for a layered pudding. Do it in 2-3 layers.
These are just a few ideas. Garnish and serve as per your choice…
Nutella Pudding – Simple & Classy!
Author: Prathima Rao
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 2¼ cups (18 U.S fl oz/ 19 oz) milk
- 4 to 4.5 tbsp (or to taste) nutella
- 1.5 tsp (or to taste) sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- For Garnish :
- Crushed choco chip biscuits OR rosettes from whipped cream
- In a small bowl add in ¼ cup milk & cornflour, stir and set aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan add in the remaining 2 cups milk, nutella, sugar, salt & stir with a hand whisk. Keep the pan over heat and stir over a low flame and let come to a slow boil. Stir and cook till the nutella is well blended into the milk. This may take about 2 to 3 mins.
- At this point you may taste and adjust the sweetness or add more nutella if desired.
- Now add in the cornflour slurry whilst stirring constantly with a hand whisk so that lumos are not formed. Stir and cook till it thickens and coats the back of a spoon (i.e custard consistency), about 3 to 5 mins.
- Remove from flame and pour in to individual serving bowls or a single large bowl. Set aside to cool to room temperature. Then set in the refrigerator for 2 hours or more.
- Just before serving or once the pudding sets, garnish. Serve chilled.
You may even serve this pudding warm. The consistency in that case may not be very thick. So you can if desired add a tablespoon more cornflour when cooking if you wish to serve it warm.
Originally Published: December 6, 2011