These tartlets are simple to make, and you don’t need to make pie dough since the crust is simply made of crushed cookies with butter.
By Tamara Novacoviç
Pies and tarts can be so pretty, but miniature versions are even more eye-pleasing, don’t you agree? They are just so cute and practical.
These tartlets are simple to make: you don’t need to make pie dough. The crust is simply made of crushed cookies with butter. The filling is a beautiful chocolate ganache with a touch of orange zest.
- 2.8 oz (80 g) butter cookies (Petit Beurre)
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2.1 oz (60 g) dark chocolate
- 1 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 0.13 cups (30 ml) heavy cream
- if you wish: candied ginger, orange or some other fruit
- Combine ground cookies with cinnamon, sugar and melted butter and press into tiny tart molds. Bake for 10 minutes at 180C. Let cool.
- Heat heavy cream. When it almost boils, remove from heat and stir in chocolate and orange zest. Spoon some into each tart mold and let them cool in fridge for about 20 minutes. Carefully remove from tart molds and serve.