Indonesian Avocado Shake
Rich creamy Indonesian Avocado Shake served with chocolate syrup dripped on the side of the glass.
By Shannon Lim
Cold and sweet. Rich and creamy. Slurped through a straw. My taste buds do double takes. How can this be avocado? Before I can figure out the answer, my glass is empty. Here at the famous Kafe Warisan in Bali with my galpals, I had my first unforgettable rich Avocado Shake served with chocolate syrup dripped on the side of the glass. The green landscape before me is of rice paddy fields, abundant bananas and falling coconuts. But avocados? Who invited them?
Throughout the entire trip, I was hunting Avocado Shakes at the beachside smoothie stands, cafes, over the rice paddies and across the sky-blue water. I stayed on another day while my galpals have left for home. With 2 hours to spare before heading to the airport, I took the rented scooter to hunt down my last rich, fatty and oily Avocado Shake. I left the beautiful island filled to the brim with the effects of yummy avocado shakes.
You have to give this a try. Seriously. At least once. And you might be transported to beautiful Bali.
- 3 ripe Avocados
- 4- 5 tablespoon Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 300ml Milk
- ice crushed as much as desired
- Chocolate Syrup
- Cut the avocados in half, take out the seed and scoop the flesh into the blender.
- Blend all ingredients, except chocolate syrup until smooth. Add more condensed milk to taste.
- In the serving glasses, pour chocolate syrup on the side of the glass and let it drip down. Then pour in the avocado blend.
Originally Published: July 27, 2012