Three ingredients and a few minutes will give you a wonderful hot fudge sauce to serve over your favorite ice cream.
By Sherron Watson
This is the easiest recipe for hot fudge sauce that I have ever made. My sister in law, introduced this to our family 20+ years ago and we have used it for more social events than we can count.
We call it A CUP, A CAN and A CUBE.
For those that don’t remember the term, CUBE, that is now our current STICK of butter. This chocolate is best served by the spoonfuls with very little of anything else. Okay that is just how I eat the hot fudge sauce. I also love it served warm of raspberry sherbet, stirred in a glass of milk or as a fondue for some of my favorite fruits and poundcake.
It’s a real treat and something that makes a wonderful gift for neighbors and friends.
- 1 cube (stick, ½ cup) of butter, soft
- 1 cup (182 g) of chocolate chips
- 1 can (396g)(14 oz)of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- In a medium sauce pan on medium heat, melt the butter.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Add the Sweetened Condensed Milk.
- Stir well to combine. The butter will take a minute to incorporate into the sauce. It will be smooth and silky.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.