Finnish flavors of salmon and dill get a kick from spicy mustard sauce.
By Rinku Bhattacharya
- 3 tablespoons of freshly prepared mustard paste or Dijon style mustard (the latter is simpler and milder)
- ½ cup sour cream
- Salt to taste
- 11/2 pounds salmon, cut into serving sized pieces
- 1 medium sized red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup chopped chives or dill
- In a mixing bowl mix in the mustard paste and the sour cream and toss together.
- Mix in the salt and add the salmon and mix well.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the salmon with the mustard sauce in a casserole.
- Add the onions over the salmon and dot with the butter and sprinkle with some of the chives and dill.
- Bake until the salmon is cooked through and flakey.
- Sprinkle with the remaining chives and serve hot.