SPONSORED STORY – BROUGHT TO YOU BY CASTELLO ALPS SELECTION
This stunning soufflé makes a perfect light Summer dinner.
By Camille Becerra
- 1½ T butter
- 2 T flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup grated Castello Hirten cheese
- 1 chili, sliced fine
- ½ bunch chopped chives
- 3 egg yolks
- 5 egg whites
- pinch tartar
- pinch sea salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare the souffle molds by buttering them and dusting ever so slightly with flour or grated cheese. Tie a collar that extends 3 inches past the mold, butter inside of collar.
- Melt butter, add flour, stir cooking a bit, whisk in milk slowly, allow to come to a gentle boil.
- Lower heat add the cheese, chili and chives.
- Turn off heat and add yolks, incorporate well, cool.
- Whisk the yolks with cream of tartar till stiff peaks. Add half of the whites to the custard, fold and incorporate well. Carefully fold in the remaining whites.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake an additional 15 minutes.