These biscuits, although great on their own, tastes best as a side dish for soups.
By Nandita Nataraj
- All purpose flour- 1 cup or 240gm + 2tbsp to dust
- Yellow corn meal- ½ cup
- Baking powder- 2tspn
- Baking soda- ½tsp
- Salt- ½tsp
- Cold unsalted butter- 2tbsp, cut into bits
- Sharp cheddar cheese- 1-1/2 cups, grated
- Milk- ⅓ cup
- Pickled jalapeno chilies- 2tbsp
- In a large bowl, Sift, the all purpose flour, corn meal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Rub the cold butter into flour mixture till the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Stir in the cheese, chilies, and milk and mix gently till the mixture comes together to form a sticky dough.
- Turn the dough on a floured surface and knead gently for about a minute. PAt the dough out to ¾ to 1" thickness and cut into shapes of your choice using biscuit cutter.
- Place the biscuits on a well greased, parchment lined baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 15 min or till the biscuit turns brown.
- Allow the biscuits to cool slightly before serving