This recipe is for a pitcher of 8 drinks, but as long as you keep the same proportions, you can make any size batch.
By Brittany Everett
To make individual drinks, muddle a few mint leaves & cucumber slices with the syrup in each glass, then add ice and remaining liquid.
- 8-10 sprigs mint, leaves torn off
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 cups lemon mint syrup, recipe follows
- 2½ cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups gin
- 2 cups sparkling water
- extra mint for garnish
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup honey
- 4 strips lemon zest, pith removed
- 4 sprigs mint
- Combine all ingredients except the mint in a medium pot. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until simmering. Continue to simmer for 2 minutes and remove from heat. Add the mint leaves to steep in the pot as it cools to room temperature.
- Strain the syrup and refrigerate in a sealed container until ready to use.
- In a large pitcher, muddle the mint leaves, cucumber slices, and syrup. Add the lemon juice and gin, stir well. At this point, you can put the pitcher in the fridge to keep until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, add the sparkling water to the pitcher and stir. Fill 8 glasses with ice, divide lemonade among glasses and garnish with mint.