Turn your favorite summertime coffee into a super simple spiked Iced Coffee Granita dessert recipe perfect for easy entertaining.
By Chris Cockren
Perfect for summer and an all-year delight, this caffeinated granita is just sweet enough with a touch of booze. Maybe…. maybe… there’s like 5 minutes of active prep work in making this refreshing summer dessert. It’s easy entertaining times a thousand, people. Grab your favorite iced coffee and you’re ready to go.
- 2 cups International Delight Iced Original Coffee (or your favorite iced coffee creation)
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate liqueur
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Whipped Cream
- Cocoa powder, for garnish
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon white chocolate liqueur
- Combine iced coffee, 2 tablespoons of the liqueur, and lemon zest in an 8-inch square baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer on a level surface.
- After about 20 minutes, scrape ice crystals with a fork. Repeat about every 20 minutes until all of the mixture is frozen into a pile of flaky ice crystals. Allow mixture to sit in freezer for an additional 15 minutes to firm up before serving.
- Divide among 4-6 glasses and top with whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa powder for garnish.
- Place heavy cream, sugar, vanilla extract, and 1 tablespoon of white chocolate liqueur into a mixing bowl and whisk (I use my stand mixer... and electric hand mixer also does the trick) just until the cream reaches stiff peaks.