Simple and delicious sandwich made with bread, onions, tomatoes, butter, cheese and coriander mint chutney.
By Anita Mokashi
- 4 slices of bread
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced onions
- Cheese slices
- 2 cups chopped mint leaves
- 1 cup chopped coriander
- ¾ cup sliced onions
- 1 to 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 to 3 green chillies
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients and grind to a smooth paste in a blender using very little water. Refrigerate and use as required.
- Spread butter and mint chutney on one side of 2 slices of bread.
- On one bread slice, put onions, tomatoes and cheese slices.
- Cover the sandwich with the other slice.
- Veg Cheese Sandwich is ready. Serve it with ketchup and tea:)
Anita Mokashi is based in California, but born and brought up in Mumbai, India. Her blog Crave Cook Click is mostly about Indian cooking, but occasionally she shares recipes from other cultures and cuisines too. Anita is also the publisher of a popular photography blog.