Tofu Tikka Wraps are a healthy and super appetizing way to incorporate tofu in your diet. It’s not boring, flavorless or mushy.
These vegan tofu tikka wraps are just so amazing to have any time a day.
And if you’re new to tofu or new to being a vegetarian or vegan, these wraps are a great way to incorporate tofu into an easy lunch or dinner.
Tofu Tikka Wraps
- Author: Sapana Behl
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main, Sandwich
- 200 gm extra firm tofu
- 1 cup bell peppers (cut in squares)
- 1 cup button mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 onion (cut in thick cubes)
- 1/4 cup cashewnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon tikka masala
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon deggi mirch
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 6 to rtilla wraps
- 1 cup lettuce (shredded)
- 1 cup tomatoes (sliced)
- 1/2 cup onions (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mint chutney
- In a mixing bowl soak cashew nuts in hot water for few hours. Grind into a smooth paste and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl add cashew paste, salt, turmeric, deggi mirch, coriander powder, garam masala, tikka masala, ginger garlic paste.
- Add tofu bell peppers , mushrooms and onions and gently give it a stir. Let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan and add oil, now transfer the marinated tofu into the pan.
- Cook on medium flame until golden and crispy from both sides.
- Warm up the tortilla wraps and apply some mint chutney in the center.
- Arrange a layer of tofu tikka and top it up with tomato, lettuce, onions.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and roll the wraps. Cut in halves and serve immediately.
Adjust the spices as per your taste
I am Sapana Behl a stay at home mom of two lovely princesses,a passionate foodie and an enthusiastic food blogger.