Tofu Tikka Wraps are a healthy and super appetizing way to incorporate tofu in your diet. It’s not boring, flavorless or mushy.
These vegan tofu tikka wraps are just so amazing to have any time a day.
And if you’re new to tofu or new to being a vegetarian or vegan, these wraps are a great way to incorporate tofu into an easy lunch or dinner.
- 200 gm extra firm tofu
- 1 cup bell peppers, cut in squares
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, cut in thick cubes
- ¼ cup cashewnuts
- ½ teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon tikka masala
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon deggi mirch
- salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 6 tortilla wraps
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup mint chutney
- In a mixing bowl soak cashew nuts in hot water for few hours. Grind into a smooth paste and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl add cashew paste, salt, turmeric, deggi mirch, coriander powder, garam masala, tikka masala, ginger garlic paste.
- Add tofu bell peppers , mushrooms and onions and gently give it a stir. Let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan and add oil, now transfer the marinated tofu into the pan.
- Cook on medium flame until golden and crispy from both sides.
- Warm up the tortilla wraps and apply some mint chutney in the center.
- Arrange a layer of tofu tikka and top it up with tomato, lettuce, onions.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and roll the wraps. Cut in halves and serve immediately.