Kankana Saxena celebrates one year as a food blogger with some delicious espresso cupcakes.
By Kankana Saxena
Few days back on 2nd Jan, my blog became 1 year old and it definitely called for a celebration. I wanted to bake something simple and something not too sweet at the same time.
After giving a good thought, I decided to make some espresso cupcakes and these came out just so perfect. It was not too sweet and the combination of espresso with dark chocolate made it rich and so flavorful! What I like most with my coffee is some whipped cream and I did exactly the same with these cup cakes too. So, for frosting there was whipped cream and lots of whipped cream.
It’s a very easy recipe adapted from Nigella Lawson.
- cup softened butter
- cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon espresso coffee powder
- cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 2 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Mix the butter and sugar properly.
- Add the eggs and whisk until it’s mixed properly.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, espresso, baking powder, baking soda and whisk until it forms a smooth batter.
- Lastly, add the melted dark chocolate and milk and give one final whisk.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin baking pan and let it bake for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Poke the cakes with a chopstick or toothpick and if it comes out clean, the cupcakes are ready.
- Let it cool in the rack for 5 minutes before you start decorating.