With guacamole and peppers, this Tex-Mex Grilled Cheese is about to become a favorite dinner sandwich.
Spicy, cheesy and packed with veggies this Mexican style grilled cheese sandwich is sure to be a hit with both adults and kids.
So today’s Mexican style grilled cheese sandwich was not really planned but it just happened. I had leftover Mexican style sautéed veggies from last night and I wanted to make something different with them. With the limited time I had today to make lunch, this grilled cheese sandwich seemed like the perfect idea.
This Mexican style grilled cheese sandwich has the veggies, cheese and tiny bit of salsa. I also added a veggie burger to give some protein to the dish. You can spread some refried beans or paneer or a fried egg to make it more filling and substantial.
Avocado or guacamole would also be a good addition to this sandwich. All in all, this is a flavor packed sandwich that is sure to be a hit with adults and kids alike.
Tex-Mex Grilled Cheese
- Author: Pavani Hideout
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 sandwiches 1x
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
- As needed Softened Butter
- 4 Sandwich Bread Slices
- 4 Pepperjack or Cheddar Cheese Slices
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 2 tbsp Guacamole (optional)
- 1/4 cup Roasted (grilled or sauteed veggies)
- 2 Veggie Burgers (cooked according to package directions (optional))
- Generously butter the sandwich bread. On the bottom slice, spread salsa, top with the cooked burger, roasted veggies, guacamole (if using) and cheese slices. Place the top slice and press lightly.
- Gently place the sandwich on a preheated pan/ griddle and cook on medium heat until the sandwich is golden brown, about 2~3 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side until golden, another 2 minutes. Repeat with the other sandwich. Serve immediately and Enjoy!!
Hello There!! I am a full time mom and a Food blogger. I am a vegetarian and I share my tried and tested vegetarian dishes in my blog 'Cook's Hideout'.