Impressive yet simple, this brisket requires little effort to create something delicious and has a surprising secret ingredient to add a touch of sweetness to the meat. Tender and flavorful, you really can’t go wrong.
By Jayme & Jessica Kauffman
This brisket practically does all the work for you in the oven! Just a few simple steps and you have an impressive meal on the dinner table with barely any sweat and tears. Perfect to make ahead of time, cook it on a Sunday and heat it back up any busy night of the week to have a homemade meal with no effort! Delicious with a side of oven roasted root veggies, you won’t be disappointed with this fantastic fall favorite on a cold night.
There is really only one step to this brisket and that is to season. Using flavorful seasonings helps to give a great taste, but lends itself to an easy recipe. Using the Lipton onion soup mix gives that great onion flavor, while pouring Coke on top to cook with helps keep in the moisture. That unexpected ingredient really does make all the difference. Simple and delicious, this is one recipe that makes it to our table pretty often!
- 4-5 pound Brisket
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Onion powder, to taste
- 1 package onion soup mix
- Ketchup, enough to cover the top of the brisket
- 1 16oz bottle of cola soda
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season brisket with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Pour the onion soup mix over the top of the brisket.
- Bake uncovered in a 9x13in casserole dish for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread top of brisket with ketchup.
- Pour one 16oz bottle of Coke over brisket.
- Cover tightly and bake 2 to 2½ hours.
- Slice when cool and put back in gravy to warm.