Everything about this salad is hot weather-friendly. All of the ingredients are ready to use – no prepping, washing or cooking required.
By Natalie Rose
- ¼ cup good olive oil
- 11/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped watermelon
- 1 canned low-salt chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ small red onion, slivered and rinsed
- one box pre-washed mixed greens
- ¼ cup roughly chopped feta, French is best
- ¼ cup loosely packed, roughly torn parsley leaves
- Chop garlic very finely. Sprinkle half of salt over garlic and mash salt and garlic together with the side of your knife, making it into a paste. Add garlic, Dijon, balsamic, salt and pepper to a bowl and whisk to combine. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly.
- In a large bowl, add salad ingredients and toss to combine. Drizzle dressing over greens, season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Natalie Rose is a freelance food and travel writer, media producer and avid cook. The daughter of a Mexican-American mother and a Lebanese-American father, Natalie honed her palate tied to the apron strings of family members keen to pass along the strong culinary traditions of Mexico, Lebanon, and her native Arizona. She writes the food and travel blog Chocolate and Chiles. She resides in New York City and La Antigua, Guatemala, and spends her days dreaming up new adventures and delectable dishes to cook. Her mother says she was always a very good eater.