Summer Beets and Crème Fraîche Soup
Healthy and delicious chilled soup for hot summer days. Beets shine in this combo with fresh cucumber and Crème Fraîche.
Original recipe and more at kitchenheist.com
- 225 g 1.5 cup Salt Roasted Beets*, peeled and diced
- 200 g Crème Fraîche
- 75 g Shallot sliced
- 25 g Olive Oil
- 400 g Water
- 375 g Cucumber
- 10 g 3 tbsp Dill, chopped (fresh)
- 15 g 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Potatoes to serve (Optional)
- Chives to garnish
- Saute sliced shallots in olive oil until soft.
- Add beets, water, vinegar, half of Crème Fraîche and blend until smooth.
- Peel and deseed the cucumber. Dice it into small cubes and add it to the soup along with chopped dill.
- Chill in the fridge until completely cold.
- Serve with hot potatoes (see Notes) for best results.
This recipe also works with regular baked or boiled beets, the flavor will vary slightly. Boiled beets, for example, have less rich flavor.