These Sriracha and Soy Sauce Beef Lettuce Wraps are loaded with Asian flavors, easy and ready to eat in just thirty minutes.
I don’t know about you but, just before the holiday season gets under way, I have this urge to eat as healthy and low carb as I can to make room for all the goodies that are coming my way.
One of the cuisines I always love to fix is Asian. You would think I had a little bit of Asian in me I make it so much. Of course, that would mean, taking into account all my favorites, that I would also have to have Italian, Spanish and Mexican in me too. There goes that theory!
Usually, when I make Asian dishes, I make Thai Coconut Chicken or Thai Beef with Carrot Basil Salad. Today I felt like making something quick, easy and low on carbs, hence these Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps. The secret to fixing this easy dish is to get everything ready prior to starting to cook.
Sriracha and Soy Sauce Beef Lettuce WrapsLinda Warren
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/4 lbs. ground beef
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 " fresh ginger minced
- 1 Tablespoon sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup peanuts chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Large iceberg lettuce leaves
- Garnish: chopped green onions chopped peanuts, matchstick carrot sticks
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet.
- Saute onion for 3 minutes adding garlic in last minute.
- Add ground beef and cook until done. Drain fat.
- Return skillet to heat and stir in hoisin sauce, soy sauce and ginger. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in remaining ingredients except for lettuce leaves and garnishes.
- Serve on lettuce leave with garnishes on side.
Linda is a wife and mom with a background in marketing and exercise. She attributes her creativity and love of cooking to her mom and grandmother who were always willing to let her lend a hand in the kitchen. Linda currently resides in South Florida, where she raised two children with the help of her wonderful husband. She loves living in sunny Florida with its abundance of fresh fruits, vegetables and seafood that are available year round. Linda started her blog, 2 Cookin’ Mamas, with her daughter Christina after her grandson’s birth. Her daughter wanted to learn to cook healthy meals while still meeting the demands of work and baby. That provided the inspiration for the healthy, quick and easy meals on their blog. Of course, they sweetened it up with a few goodies too! When Linda is not in her kitchen she loves traveling, wine, reading, walking and yoga.