This dip is great served piping hot or chilled in the refrigerator. And if you can’t find smoked whitefish, smoked trout stands in nicely.
By Ruth Kirwan
- 1 ½ cups flaked smoked whitefish filet
- 2 coves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons miracle whip
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons minced chives
- 6 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 generous handful panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Blend all ingredients except for the breadcrumbs together in a large bowl. Scrape into oven-proof serving dish, approximately 6” by 4”.
- Scatter the top with an even layer of breadcrumbs and lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes, until the cream cheese has started to bubble around the edges of the bowl, then broil on high for 1-3 minutes, keeping a close eye to make sure the breadcrumbs don’t blacken.
- Remove from the oven when the crumbs have turned a golden brown color. Serve hot with chips, crackers or sliced vegetables.
Midwestern transplant living in New York City. I live in a teeny apartment in NYC with my husband, whom I call the Big Man. I'm a food writer, recipe developer and tester, cooking school instructor, and total cheese lover. I'm happiest whenever I'm in front of a hot stove with a wooden spoon in my hand.