Salads are good for you but they can be boring sometimes. Here is a way to enhance the flavors with a dressing that will not defeat the purpose of eating salad in the first place.Print
A simple salad
Salads are good for you but they can be boring sometimes. Here is a way to enhance the flavors with a dressing that will not defeat the purpose of eating salad in the first place.
- Author: Brenda Benoit
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 2
- Category: Appetizer
- Assorted leafy greens and chopped lettuce
- Tomato wedges
- Sliced mushrooms, raw
- Black pepper
- Vinegar (your favorite) – 2 tablespoons
- Smooth Dijon Mustard – 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil – 5 tablespoons
- Salt and black pepper
- Make the dressing by mixing the vinegar, mustard and olive oil together, adding a couple of big pinches of salt and black pepper
- Garnish with even more black pepper – a couple of grinds
- I usually serve the dressing on the side. To make a main dish out of this, add grilled chicken, shrimp, sliced beef or whatever you fancy.
Brenda Benoit was born in the city of St. George’s in Grenada and grew up in Caracas, Venezuela. She has been living in Miami for over 20 years, loves to cook, eat and to try new restaurants & cuisines - always with her camera as a companion. She's a dedicated cookbook collector and is in the process of writing one of her own.