Also called Poultry and Orchard, this simple farmer chicken is a perfect French recipe to make at home. It’s made with beautiful roots and vegetables and served with a mango-pineapple sauce.
The left bank of Paris. Quiet? Snobbish? Boring?
Well, if you like to follow guidebooks and move with the flock, feel free to visit Montmartre and the Champ De Elysee, but if you enjoy discovering lesser known streets and hob-nob with fellow local Parisians, the left bank is the place to visit.
Hotel Le Cinq Codet is where designer chic wanna-be Parisians stay when they indulge in their Parisian weekend-getaway.
The designer hotel is relatively new with friendly staff, a rooftop Jacuzzi and also a restaurant with the same flair as its surroundings. A favourite recipe among local Parisians on the weekend is the Poultry and Orchard by Chef Antonine K’Ros. Here it is – I hope you will enjoy the simplicity of a delicious French recipe.
- 4 chicken breast
- 15 gr of butter
- 16 Mini carrots: orange, violet, white and yellow
- 4 Mini zucchinis
- 1 Beet : red, yellow, chioggia ( variety of early beet pink color with white veins)
- 4 Tiny potatoes
- 4 Pattypans squashes: green and yellows
- 4 Red radishes
- 2 Calamansi lemons cut into zests
- Juice of 2 Calamansi lemons
- 2 tablespoons of neutral oil, sunflower or colza
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 50 gr of pineapple
- 50 gr mango
- The rest of the chicken marinade
- Put all the ingredients together then let the chicken rest in the mixture for 2 hours.
- Peel the carrots and put them to cook in boiling salted water. Once cooked, cool them in iced water.
- Clean the tiny potatoes, pattypan squashes and zucchinis, then cook them in boiling salted water.
- Once cooked, cut them into regular shapes. Put them in a frying pan, flat single layer. Add a small amount of butter, a bit of water, a pinch of sugar and salt, warm the whole.
- Clean the red radishes and leave them raw.
- Peel the beets and slice them finely.
- Cut mango and pineapple into brunoise, and then mix the whole to the remaining marinade as a salad dressing. Cook in a saucepan over medium-low heat until it is homogenous and cooked through.
- Cook chicken at low temperature 150F (64º C) for 2 and half hours.
- Cut chicken into pieces.
- Brown pieces in a frying pan.
- Display the vegetables, raw and cooked, according to their colors.
- Complete the harmony by gently spooning the sauce over the whole.