This flavorful vermicelli pudding is equally good served either hot or cold.
By Prathima Rao
- ¾ cup vermicelli (dry)
- 1 litre milk (approx 5 cups)
- ½ cup condensed milk (optional)
- ½ cup sugar (reduce as per taste if adding condensed milk)
- 3 tbsp mixed dry fruits/nuts - raisins, cashew, almonds
- ¼ tsp green cardamom powder
- few strands saffron
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg powder (optional)
- ½ tsp khus khus (poppy seeds white)
- 1.5 tbsp ghee
- In a saucepan heat ghee, add mixed nuts and toast till golden and raisins puff up. Remove nuts and set aside.
- In the same pan add vermicelli and fry in ghee till aroma emits and is slightly golden.
- Add milk. Let come to a boil and cook till vermicelli turns soft. Add condensed milk, sugar, khus khus if adding, simmer till thickens slightly.
- Add cardamom powder, nutmeg powder if adding, toasted nuts, kesar. Stir and immediately remove from heat.
- Serve hot or chilled.