Save some money and make an amazing aromatic, fall latte at home with actual pumpkin.
Shutter Stock: Rachel Brunette
Everyone loves a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks, right? Everyone except my wallet and my waistline, that is. Here’s a fantastic substitute for you. And you don’t have to wait in line, pay $4.00, or do any extra crunches at the gym!
Shutter Stock: Topnatthapon
- 1 cup skim milk
- ¼ cup pumpkin pureé
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (recipe follows)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 tbsp sweetener of choice; honey, agave, brown sugar, maple syrup etc.
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender.
- Warm the pumpkin mixture in the microwave for a few seconds before adding it to your coffee.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Combine spices and store in airtight container.