Serve this soup with a grilled cheese or some nice crusty bread for a dinner that will keep you warm.
By Soni Sinha
- Large ripe Tomatoes-4-5 quartered
- Garlic Cloves-3 sliced
- Thyme - 1 tsp
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil- 2 tbsp
- Chicken or Vegetable Broth-2 cups
- Salt- to taste
- Pepper- ½ tsp
- Brown Sugar-1½ tbsp
- Half and Half-3/4 cup
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the tomatoes on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil,salt,pepper,garlic and thyme.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until tomatoes are softened.
- Transfer all the contents including the juices and all into a deep pot.
- Add the stock, sugar, salt and bring to a boil and cook for about 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer into a blender and puree the soup. Be careful to not burn since it will be really hot.
- Transfer the puree back into the pot. Add the half and half and cook for another minute or two.
- Your soup is ready.
Soni is a recipe developer, food writer/blogger who creates recipes with a healthy Indian twist. She is a passionate cook and her recipes cater to readers who are are willing to try contemporary Indian flavors in wide ranging fusion dishes that she creates.She shares all her cooking adventures on her blog Soni's Food.