The fragrant sweetness of the blueberries tame the pungent nature of Roquefort cheese, and the almonds add a nutty bent and a good crunch.
By Jessica Dang
I learned how to make this salad from our Danish intern Stefani. Not only are the colors gorgeous, the flavors are incredible. The fragrant sweetness of the blueberries tame the pungent nature of Roquefort cheese, and the almonds add a nutty bent and a good crunch. I’ve never thought to put blueberries into a salad before, but they do wonders.
- 4 large leaves of rainbow swiss chard
- A small handful of roasted almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- A handful of blueberries
- Clean the rainbow swiss chard leaves and pat dry. Tear them up into smaller pieces. Place in a bowl.
- Add the almonds, Roquefort cheese crumbles, and blueberries. Toss.
- Drizzle with a simple balsamic vinaigrette.
Jessica Dang is a freelance writer, blogger, and social media consultant based in New York City. She is currently developing Single Girl Dinner, an online community and resource of dinner ideas for young independent women living in the city. She enjoys reading menus, dining at the bar, and experimenting in the kitchen when no one's looking. When it comes to food, she can't resist uni, foie gras, caviar, or Popeyes' fried chicken.