Update your dinner and try these Picadillo Tacos. You won’t regret it. Actually, you may just make it your new staple for taco night!
By Carolyng Gomes
- 1 lb ground pork
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp golden raisins
- ¼ cup pimento olives, diced
- ½ sweet red pepper, diced
- ¼ medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp agave
- ¼ cup of water
- 8 hard tacos shells
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bake taco shells according to distributors directions.
- Preheat a pan on medium-high heat.
- Sauté onion and red pepper for 3-5 minutes, until onion is translucent and pepper is softened.
- Add raisins and olives. Sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add water and continue stirring mixture until water has evaporated and raisins are plump.
- Add ground pork to pan and incorporate all ingredients. Stir occasionally until the pork is cooked through.
- Add agave to mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Stuff warm taco shells with picadillo until overflowing.
- Enjoy immediately.
Carolyng loves to eat, loves to cook and loves to eat more. To her a recipe is more a list of suggestions, saving time doesn’t mean sacrificing on flavor and when in doubt, a splash or two (well, a nice pour) of wine never hurts. Welcome to her Cocina Latina, where South American and Latin fusion dishes are always on the menu.