If you’re craving an outrageous peanut butter treat, this recipe has you covered with these sensational Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars.
My friend, Danielle, has amazing peanut butter dessert recipes on her blog. I happen to dislike peanut butter straight up, but adore it in sweets. I love it so much that my typical super-duper willpower falls to pieces when I have peanut butter desserts in the house. So I planned to make her Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars I accidentally purchased mini Reese’s instead of the snack sized, but they were still extraordinary! Decadent with a capital “D.”
I had never used peanut butter chips before, but the resulting peanut butter ganache tasted like incredible fudge. The base was a graham cracker crust which was topped with yummy peanut butter cups, then a peanut butter cream cheese mixture. After baking them off, the ganache was poured over the top. Drizzling isn’t my forte—especially when I’m in a rush, so I bedazzled one with a bit of melted chocolate, but I’d definitely add it for company. These were a fabulous indulgence! If you’re like me and love peanut butter desserts, you need to rationalize a reason to make these. You won’t be disappointed.
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick), butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- Snack sized Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (I accidentally used 8 ounces of Reese's Minis)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (6 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, sifted
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with nonstick foil. Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a medium bowl, mix the melted butter, sugar and graham cracker crumbs. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Bake 9 minutes, then remove from oven and let cool. Leave oven on.
- When the crust is cool, cover bottom with peanut butter cups.
- To make the cheesecake layer, mix cream cheese, sugar, egg and peanut butter with an electric mixer. Carefully spread over peanut butter cups. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely.
- To make the ganache, microwave the cream and butter till butter is melted. Whisk in peanut butter chips till smooth. Mix in powdered sugar and pour over bars.
- Chill firm before cutting. Cut into 9-16 squares. Drizzle with melted chocolate chips if desired.
- Store in refrigerator.