You can’t go wrong with a donut made with the classic chocolate and peanut butter combination. Plus they are made with spelt flour to add even more rich flavor.
By Nicole P
These donuts are made with whole grains, coconut sugar, and eggs for divine flavor without being too greasy! Can you really go wrong with a peanut butter and chocolate combo?
Peanut Butter Glazed Chocolate Donuts
You can’t go wrong with donuts made with classic chocolate and peanut butter combination. Plus they are made with spelt flour to add even more rich flavor.
- Author: Nicole Purplespoon
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dessert, Baking
- 3/4 cup spelt flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 baking powder
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 egg
Peanut Butter Glaze
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp Natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
For the Donuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all dry ingredients into a large bowl
- Combine all wet ingredients in a separate bowl
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients
- Pour into a well greased donut pan
- Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
For the Peanut Butter Glaze
- Mix all of the ingredients together – start with 1 Tbsp of milk and add 1 Tbsp at a time until desired consistency is met
- Dip the cooled donuts in the glaze and enjoy!
Nicole is a wife, mom, and registered nurse that is passionate about all aspects of healthly living. She especially loves sharing healthy recipes on her blog.
were do you get coconut sugar?
Thank you for your time in this matter.
I buy it at my local grocery store, or you can get it at a natural food store. If you can’t find it, brown sugar works as a substitute.
On the baking powder 1 1/2 teaspoons or tablespoons?
Oh no, good catch. It is 1 1/2 tsp baking powder. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.