A fresh pasta that is ideal for warmer weather is always great to have in one’s recipe book. This pasta is tossed in a flavorful sauce that calls on the rich flavors to cashews to also make it dairy free. While cashews and cremini mushrooms add great protein or flavor, also consider adding Gardein’s beefless tips made without meat for an even bigger boost of protein that taste great.
- 1 pkg gardein beefless tips
- 1/2 cup cashews whole raw
- water for covering cashews by 1"
- 1 lb pappardelle
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup onion diced 1/4"
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms quartered
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/5 tsp vegetable stock paste
- 6 artichokes canned, 1/4 wedges
- 10 kalamata olives pitted, quartered
- 1 cup cashew cream or heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the cashew cream: Put the cashews in a bowl and add cold water to cover them. Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight. Drain the cashews and rinse under cold water.
- Place in a blender with enough fresh cold water to cover them by 1 inch. Blend on high for several minutes until very smooth and strain through a fine mesh sieve.
- Cook paperadelle as per cooking instructions found on package heat a non stick pan over medium-high heat, add canola oil and caramelize gardein beefless tips well on all sides set aside, 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat a large fry pan add olive oil and sauté grape tomatoes on high heat until tomatoes start to caramelize. Add onions ,mushrooms and garlic over medium heat until onions soften, mushrooms caramelize and garlic is fragrant.
- Deglaze pan with white wine. Add the thyme, lemon juice, vegetable stock paste, artichoke pieces, olives, cashew cream , salt and pepper. Bring to a high simmer.
- Pour cream sauce over pasta.
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. As an international online culinary magazine with the ambition to truly change the face of online food media we hope to create an inspiring place for serious culinary debate, salivating recipes, interesting food news and international food-fun.