This is an easy recipe with minimum ingredients and served with dipping sauce and salad it’s a super simple dinner fix.
When I made this the first time it was with 1 cauliflower but everyone ended up fighting oven the last piece, so this time I made it from 2. If you wish you can divide the recipe in 2 and get a smaller quantity but believe me, even if you have leftovers they won’t last long.
- 2 Medium Cauliflower Heads - Divided into florets
- ½ Cup Bread Crumbs
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- Boil the cauliflower florets for about 10 minuted or until starting to soften. You don't want it too soft or too hard, poke with a fork and if it goes in easily into the floret stem then it's ready.
- Drain into a colander and wash with cold water. This will stop the cooking process and will ease the dicing.
- Dice into small pieces and place in large bowl.
- Add in the eggs, bread crumbs, oregano and salt and mix well to combine.
- Let the mix stand for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F or 190C and layer a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brush the prepared baking sheet with some vegetable oil.
- Form the fritters and place on baking sheet.
- Gently brush each fritter with some vegetable oil.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, turning once after about 15-20 minutes or when the bottom is browned. Serve with tahini sauce or sweet chilli. Tastes great served warm or at room temperature.