This soft oat and apple cake is easy to make and can be served with honey or as-is with tea, cider or a glass of milk. A simple, sweet treat.
My son has just begun his first year at college. This deliciously soft oat and apple cake is about to be packed up and sent to him. What a fun package to receive!
Oat and Apple CakeSanjeeta Kk
- 1 cup instant Oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 large apple
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease a flat baking tray.
- Grind oats into a fine powder.
- Add ground oats, wheat flour, cinnamon powder, raisins, baking powder, baking soda in a large bowl and combine well.
- Grate apple (I did not remove the peel, you can if you wish to).
- Add grated apples, yogurt, honey and oil in another bowl and combine well.
- Add dry ingredients in the wet ingredients, fold and mix with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes or till done.
Sanjeeta kk is the author of food blog ‘Lite Bite’ which features vegetarian recipes. Her quest for egg free baking and healthy cooking is extensively shared though all her recipes. She likes to share stories behind the origin of her recipes which are easy and accessible. Homemade, unprocessed and healthy food is what she strives for each day. She defines food as nostalgic, comforting & an important factor to connect with people and make community