PARTNER POST: May 26 is National Pinot Grigio Day. We’re celebrating with Cavit Wines by sharing refreshing spring and summer recipes that pair perfectly with Pinot Grigio.
Ready in less than 20 minutes, these Pineapple Fish Taco Bowls are served with rice and greens and topped with a fresh pineapple tomato salsa, and avocado cream sauce. They do not disappoint!
These bowls feature orange roughy, an easy pineapple tomato salsa and a creamy avocado sauce. All of the ingredients made for such a yummy combo, but this is one of those recipes that is highly versatile. Trade out the orange roughy for any flaky white fish and, in the salsa, feel free to sub mango for the pineapple. Or you could try my Easy Strawberry Avocado Salsa (so good!). Any way you toss it, just be sure not to forget the Cavit Pinot Grigio!
This is a recipe that pairs so well with a light white wine and Cavit Pinot Grigio could not be more perfect. I’m head-over-heels for this whole meal and I know you will be too.
Celebrate National Pinot Grigio with Cavit and enjoy it all summer long! It’s such an amazing and refreshing wine to enjoy during the warmer months of the year.
If you guys love this recipe, and get a chance to make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #kimscravings on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
- 1 pound white fish (I used orange roughy)
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- ½ lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cooked rice (I used a Seeds of Change rice/quinoa packet)
- 3-4 cups red cabbage/kale mix
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 cup diced tomato
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ½ lime juiced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime juiced
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup mayo or plain greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons water + more , as needed
- Juice ½ lime over fish and sprinkle with taco seasoning on both sides. Allow fish to marinate for a few minutes. Add oil to a large skillet and heat over medium-high. Cook fish until browned and cooked through, 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Combine ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Combine ingredients in blender or food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add more water as needed for a smooth consistency.
- Assemble fish taco bowls by dividing the cabbage/kale mix and rice between 4 bowls and top with fish, pineapple salsa and avocado cream sauce. Enjoy!