Full of antioxidants, this is a fun and simple sweet made of green tea and white chocolate and it pairs perfectly with a matcha latte.
By Tamara Novakoviç
Matcha green tea is one of my favorites and I started substituting my cup of coffee with a cup of matcha latte. It’s a far healthier version, packed with antioxidants. Since I’ve recently refreshed my green tea collection with some matcha powder, I decided to put some into a dessert. This is a fun and simple sweet made of green tea and white chocolate and it pairs perfectly with a cup of matcha latte. It was inspired by this lovely recipe.
- 14.1 oz (400 g) white chocolate
- 0.5 cups (125 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 0.8 oz (25 g) butter
- 2 tbsp matcha green tea powder (plus some more for dusting)
- Heat whipping cream to a boil. Remove from heat and add finely chopped white chocolate.
- Add butter and stir until it all comes together.
- Pour into a small rectangular baking pan lined with parchment paper. Let cool for five hours or over night.
- Remove from the pan.
- Dust with matcha powder and cut into cubes. Before cutting, run a knife under hot water and wipe with clean kitchen towel. This way the chocolate won't stick to your knife.
Tamara Novakovic is a passionate self-taught cook, food blogger, freelance food writer and photographer behind bite-my-cake.blogspot.com. Her life journey has led her through Faculty of Humanities in Zagreb, Croatia to discovering passion for making cakes. She is currently a weekly food columnist for Croatian newspaper V magazine and food magazine Repete.