Made In the a premium brand touted as the “Warby Parker” of cookware, teams up with James Beard award-winning chef Stephanie Izard, introducing “This Little Goat Went to Made In”. A limited-edition Wok kit featuring Made In’s Carbon Steel Wok and Chef Stephanie Izard’s collection of “The Little Goat” spices and sauces.
Created with the modern cook in mind, high quality cookware Made in teams up with James Beard award winning Chef Izard. The “Iron Chef” force behind iconic Chicago restaurants including Girl & The Goat, Cabra, and Duck Duck Goat. This Little Goat Went to Made In” is an essential kit for recreating award winning dinners like Chef Izard’s Magic Green Beans in the comfort of your home. The kit also makes meal prepping quick and easy as the featured spices and sauces adds a lot of flavor and aromatics to a wide range of meals. “The Indian spice is really great if you’re stewing something, so you’re making a Niam butter chicken where it’s cooked nice and low and slow and you let all the spices come together. The Moroccan spice is great on any meats and adding a little bit of sweet and savory notes along with those spices.” – Chef Stephanie Izard.
“What’s great about the Made In Wok is that you can use it for stir-frying and making fried rice, and if you need to boil something or do something nice and slow you can even use it for brazing you can use it for just about anything. The way that it’s shaped, it holds in heat so well, that you can use it for all different forms of cooking.” – Chef Stephanie Izard.
Here’s what included in the kit:
- This Little Goat went to Southeast Asia sauce
- This Little Goat went to India spice
- This Little Goat went to Morocco spice
- 3 recipes from Chef Izard
- Made In Blue Carbon Steel Wok and Carbon Steel Seasoning Wax Kit
To help you get started here is a recipe courtesy of the collaboration.
Girl and the Goat Magic Green Beans with Made In
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Sides
- Cuisine: American
- Time: 20 minutes
- Active Time: 20 minutes
- Servings 4 Sides
- The Wok
- 1 lb green beans (cleaned)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp This Little Goat went to Southeast Asia
- 1 large shallot (very thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup roasted (unsalted cashews)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil in The Wok or a stock pot and fill a large bowl with ice water. Drop green beans into boiling water and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and immediately plunge into ice water. Once cool, remove onto paper towels to absorb excess water.
- In a small bowl whisk 1 tablespoon This Little Goat went to Southeast Asia into the mayonnaise. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in The Wok over medium-high heat. Once hot add blanched green beans and cook until starting to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add in sliced shallots and saute until softened, about 1 additional minute. Pour in 1/4 cup This Little Goat went to Southeast Asia sauce and stir until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Add in cashews and toss to coat. Pour cooked green beans into a serving bowl and drizzle with Southeast Asia mayonnaise.
Images featured in this post are courtesy of Made In.
Alyssa Holder is a writer specializing in food and travel topics since 2015.
Where can i buy the daises?