A delicious meal is great, but a dessert is even better. A handful of fresh fruits, few biscuits, a little yogurt or cottage cheese and you are in for a refreshing and healthy treat everyday.
By Sanjeeta Kk
Easy to prepare and elegant to serve, these beauties have made me win many accolades from family and friends already. Say yes to desserts!
- 1 cup crumbled Cottage cheese
- 1 cup thick mango puree
- 10-12 Almonds/Pine nuts
- 4 tbsp. sugar/honey
- Chocolate chips
- 10-12 digestive biscuits
- 10-12 Almonds
- 1 tbsp. butter/Olive oil
- Peel and chop two mangoes. Grind almonds or pine nuts into fine powder.
- Blend mango pieces and cottage cheese with granulated sugar to make puree. Reserve a little mango puree for garnish.
- Grind the biscuits with almonds coarsely in a blender with butter.
- In a large bowl and add mango & cottage cheese puree, almond/pine nut powder and mix well.
- Take small serving bowls or glasses and add a tablespoon of coarsely ground biscuit. Pour a ladle of mango mousse over it and add another layer of biscuit. Finish it with mango mousse, a little fresh mango pulp and a few chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the Mango Mousse for 3-4 hours and serve chilled.
Sanjeeta kk is the author of food blog ‘Lite Bite’ which features vegetarian recipes. Her quest for egg free baking and healthy cooking is extensively shared though all her recipes. She likes to share stories behind the origin of her recipes which are easy and accessible. Homemade, unprocessed and healthy food is what she strives for each day. She defines food as nostalgic, comforting & an important factor to connect with people and make community