Blogger Rinku Bhattacharya has debuted a new cookbook that is bursting with delicious Indian recipes made in no time at all in an Instant Pot.
Rinku Bhattacharya — friend of Honest Cooking and founder of Spice Chronicles — has debuted a collection of 100 authentic recipes that showcase the diversity of Indian cuisine. The best part? Each recipe can be made in an Instant Pot.
Make the most of the multi-function pressure cooker with these delicious Indian recipes. The pages are filled with recipes for dals, curries, butter chicken and more! The book goes into the four, broad regions of Indian and features recipes from all areas.
If you love cooking a variety of cuisines in your Instant pot, this book is a must-have.
Check out a few images from the book, a recipe for Alu Gobi and be sure to enter for a chance to win a copy for yourself!
Alu Gobi – Curried Cauliflower and Potatoes
- Author: Rinku Bhattacharya
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 0 r to 6 servings 1x
Pairing cauliflower and potatoes is a very common thing in the Indian kitchen. I personally find cauliflower to be a very adaptable and versatile vegetable. There are variations of this combination all across India, but this particular recipe uses basic spices from the Punjabi pantry. For the dish to work, the cauliflower should be cut in larger pieces and the potatoes in smaller cubes.
- 1 tablespoon canola or olive
- oil 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 cup Everyday Masala Paste
- 1 medium cauliflower (cut into)
- large pieces
- 1 medium to large potato
- peeled and cut into eighths
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- page 31 or storebought
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Set the Instant Pot® on Sauté mode and heat the oil. Add the cumin seeds and cook until they sizzle. Add the Everyday Masala Paste, cauliflower, and potatoes and stir well. Add the cayenne pepper powder and 1/4 cup of water.
- Press Cancel to turn off the Sauté mode. Close the lid and set the Instant Pot® on Manual Low Pressure mode for 1 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a Quick Pressure Release.
- Once the pressure is released, open the lid and set to Sauté mode again. Add the peas and cook down any excess water. Put the Alu Gobi in a serving bowl, sprinkle with the garam masala and cilantro and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 4 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Category: Main